1. What is Specialized Staffing Solutions, Inc.’s terms and bill rate?
Specialized Staffing Solutions, Inc. determines a client’s terms and bill rates during the initial client meeting. Each prospective client gets personalized terms and bill rates based upon a few factors including, but not limited to: workman’s compensation costs, drug screens, background checks, and pay rates.
2. What industries does SSSI provide temporary employment for?
SSSI provides temporary employment for the following manufacturers:
• Pick pack/ Order picking
• Production Line Help
• Fulfillment POP Displays
• Printers/ Binderies
• Plastic Injection Mold
• Food Processing and Packaging
3. How much time does SSSI need to find qualified candidates for my business needs?
For new clients, SSSI asks there to be at least a 2 days before the start of the shift to find qualified candidates. For existing clients, SSSI asks for at least 24 hours before the start of the shift to find qualified candidates.
4. Does SSSI conduct background tests or pre-employment drug screens on employees?
Depending on the nature of the client’s business, SSSI can conduct E-Verify, background tests, or pre-employment drug screens. However, it is not mandatory of every candidate.
5. Can my business hire a temporary employee as assigned by SSSI?
SSSI contracts include an agreement that any temporary employee can be hired after 90 days working on the job. Other specifications may be determined by SSSI clients such as meeting a minimum number of hours or going through required training.
6. Our employees work 3rd shift, and SSSI offices are closed. Who do we reach if we need more employees, have a workman’s compensation issue, or run into any other problem?
Here at SSSI, we are committed to giving our clients around the clock service. If there is any issue after our offices close, Idania and Robert Stack are available to speak with directly.
1. How can a potential candidate apply for a job with SSSI?
SSSI accepts applications in person at our Lawndale, Pulaski, and Corporate offices(times may vary). We also offer an online application accessible via computer at any time of the day.
2. What type of employment does SSSI provide?
SSSI provides temporary employment for candidates. Different assignments require different qualifications. Employees can work full-time or part-time depending on the assignment. Some positions with SSSI can be temp-to-hire, long term, or short term.
3. Where is SSSI located?
SSSI has 3 office locations:
• 2700 S. Lawndale. Chicago. Illinois. 60623.
• 2451 N. Pulaski. Chicago. Illinois. 60639.
• 15020 S. Cicero Ave. Oak Forest. Illinois. 60452.
4. Does SSSI provide transportation for candidates?
SSSI does not provide transportation for candidates.
5. When an assignment ends, is my employment with SSSI over?
No, SSSI continuously has new assignments for employees. Once a job assignment ends, it is the responsibility of the employee to report to one of our offices to receive a new assignment.
6. How often does SSSI pay their employees, and on what days?
SSSI pays weekly on the Thursday for the previous weeks work. Any ticketed hours given to SSSI late will not be guaranteed to be paid on Thursday.
7. How can I update my address on file?
A new W4 must be filled out to update an employee’s address on file.
8. When will W2’s be issued?
Per Federal Law, all W2’s will be issued by January 31 of the year after the employees worked. No W2’s will be issued early upon request. Any previous W2 requests must be in writing and submitted to one of SSSI’s offices. If an employee does not receive their W2 by January 31 may request their W2 in writing at one of our offices. To have an employee’s W2 mailed, the employee must submit a written request with the address in which they want it sent.
9. What types of health insurance benefits does SSSI offer?
Specialized Staffing Solutions, Inc. offers health insurance when an employee works for one year and has worked at least 1560 hours. SSSI does not provide dental or life insurance for temporary employees. For office staff, health, dental, and life insurance are all offered after 60 days working full time.
10. Does SSSI offer paid time off or sick leave?
a. Full-time Office Employees are eligible to accrue PTO immediately upon beginning employment. Full-time Office Employees are eligible to use PTO 180 days after their SSSI start date. The accrual rate and amount of available PTO is determined by the employee’s length of service with SSSI and employment status. Temporary employees and part-time employees are not eligible for PTO. PTO is calculated based on the employee’s anniversary date.
b. All other employees who work for SSSI in Chicago or applicable Cook County locations for 80 hours or more within any 120-day period are eligible to accrue Sick Leave at a rate of one hour of Sick Leave for every 40 hours worked up to a maximum of 40 hours of Sick Leave per year. Employees may use accrued Sick Leave 180 days after their SSSI start date.
11. If I am given an assignment and do not like the position, can I be re-assigned?
If an assignment does not work out, an employee can report to their home office for re-assignment. Please note, that declining offers to be sent to work could result in unemployment benefits being declined.
12. How old do I have to be in order to work for Specialized Staffing Solutions, Inc.?
SSSI requires all employees who work around machinery to be 18 years or older. In certain assignments the minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
13. How long does it take to get employment after you apply?
Dependent on the time of year, job assignments can be given the same day, or within the week. After a candidate applies, it is their responsibility to report to their home office to receive a job assignment. Applications are kept on file for 1 year.
14. To apply what do I need to bring to the office?
Candidates do not need to bring anything to the offices with them to apply for a position. Resumes are greatly appreciated and will be attached to applications for further review. If hired, SSSI asks candidates to bring I9 acceptable identification back to the office to complete proper paperwork for employment. Please see https://www.uscis.gov/i-9 for proper I9 documentation.
15. How does SSSI determine the pay rate for employees?
Different clients with SSSI have different pay rates determined by their location and skill requirements. SSSI will provide employees with the pay rates when they are confirmed to begin a position.
16. Do you have to be certified or have experience to work on forklifts, machine operator, etc. in order to work for SSSI?
Candidates looking for specialty jobs such as fork lift operators or machine operators are required to have the necessary certifications. Candidates who are looking for general labor positions do not need any certifications.
17. Does SSSI provide forklift training?
SSSI does provide forklift training at certain job locations.
18. If I lose my payroll check, how can I go about getting it reissued?
All employees who lose payroll checks can go to their home office to fill out a stop payment request. Processing for stop payments can take up to two weeks depending on the research that needs to be accompanied by it.
19. Does SSSI allow individuals to pick up other employees payroll checks?
Yes, SSSI does allow someone other than the employee to pick up payroll checks with written consent. The person receiving the check must have proper identification when picking it up.
20. Does SSSI supply safety gear such as steel toe boots?
SSSI does not supply steel toe boots; however, we do supply gloves, goggles, Kevlar sleeves, and ear plugs.
21. Does SSSI have child care?
a. No, SSSI does not provide child care for employees.